How to Replace Matiz Plugs
- 1). Pull the hood release lever on the lower left hand side of the driver's area. Pull up on the exterior hood latch release and raise the hood. Support the hood with the supplied prop.
- 2). Locate the spark plug boots at the front of the engine near the exhaust manifold. Allow the engine to cool down before attempting to remove the spark plugs.
- 3). Pull the spark plug boot outward to reveal the spark plug. Use a ratchet with a spark plug socket to remove the spark plug from the engine.
- 4). Use a gap tool to check and set the gap on the new spark plugs if they haven't been pre-gapped. The recommended gap is 0.043 inches. Lower the spark plug into the recess on the engine and carefully thread it by hand.
- 5). Use a torque wrench to tighten the spark plug to 15 pound-feet. Place the boot over the spark plug and push firmly on it until it snaps on. Repeat the procedure for the other spark plugs. Close the hood when finished.